Sunday 19 February 2012

Heroes of the cobbles

Eric Leman  1946 - date



Continuing my discovery of hard men of Flanders. I found this chap. I thought i knew cycling but then, i'd never heard of this chap. Another scary Belgian rider.

So let me tell you about this chap. There are no stories of this chap drinking his weight in beer and winning races. Or riding with a broken leg on a bike made of cheese. But this guy for a period in the 60s and 70s pretty much won everything. including winning de Ronde van Vlaanderen an impressive three times in 1970,1972,1973.

He also won such scary hard races as Kuurne-Brussells-Kuurne, Omloop Vlaamse, Four days Dunkerque, Four days Flanders, many stages of Paris-Nice, Vuelta and five stages at the Tour de France.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you, Eric Leman. Another hard riding Belgian that rode like his life depended on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment