Monday 18 October 2010

Lombardiaaaaaaaaarrrgghhhh





Well, that's it. The season is over all but for a few pro-continental races. Once again the Flandrian Lion Roared in Italy at both Piedmont and Lombardy. The boy Gilbert for two years running has totally dominated the end of the season classics. Will 2011 be his crowning glory? Will we see an even stronger Gilbert? I think so.

This time of year is always a favourite with me. Not just because of the Autumn Classics or the crisp morning commutes or the beautiful sepia colour swatch of the trees or the inevitable Lotto domination, but because it officially marks the start of my training for the yearly visit to Ronde de Vlandaaren in Easter. So watch out for me on the lanes amongst the falling leaves of Yorkshire while I imagine I'm in my own Tour of the falling leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment